We hope you enjoy your visit to Panama City Beach, and look forward to seeing you at Pinnacle Port Resort. Panama City Beach offers incredible natural beauty and days of fun for all ages.
- Beach Safety
- Calendar of Events
- Golf Courses
- St. Andrews & Other State Parks
Panama City Beach, Florida
Bringing the kids to Pinnacle Port for a Panama City Beach vacation? Have them visit our kids’ pages for beach games and crafts, travel games, Florida links and wildlife info, online games, a shelling guide and a Florida Shell ID Chart.
Panama City Beach is an area rich in history. Before it was settled as a community in the 1800s, the area was home to many native Americans. Panama City Beach was created in 1953 and the City of Panama City Beach, as it currently exists, became a single chartered government in 1969 as a result of the merging of four separate cities: West Panama City Beach, Edgewater, Long Beach, and Panama City Beach.
For maps, driving directions and airport information, be sure to visit our Panama City Beach map page.
Here are just a few of the great things to do in Panama City Beach, Florida.
- Gulf World Marine Park
- Junior Museum of Bay County – The Adventure Place
- Shipwreck Island Water Park
At the beach note color-coded flags for swimming conditions!
- Tan in short intervals and wear sun-block
- Don’t park or drive on the beaches – conserve the sand dunes and sea oats
- Open fires and glass containers are not permitted on local beaches
- Balcony Climbing is against the law
- Visit Babycenter.com for info on keeping baby sun safe
- Bring your insurance information for boating & jetski emergencies
- Jet ski operators must be at least 14 years old, always wear a flotation device, and drive/ride with caution.
The US Coast Guard has an entire Web site devoted to safe boating. It’s at uscgboating.org
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- The Chamber of Commerce Community Calendar
- News Herald List of Events
Local courses include a top PGA school, beautifully landscaped country club fairways, challenging water holes and more. Contact the golf courses directly for reservations as preferred tee times are booked quickly.
- Lagoon Legend & The Club Meadows at Bay Point Resort
- Holiday Golf Club
- Signal Hill
- Bay Dunes Golf Club
ST. ANDREWS & OTHER STATE PARKS
St. Andrews State Park, located off Thomas Dr. three miles east of Panama City Beaches, was named by Travel Magazine as “The World’s Best Beach” in 1995.
The 1,260-acre park is well known for its sugar white sands and crystal-clear emerald green water. It has thick forests, sand dunes covered with sea oats, fresh and saltwater marshes, a lagoon swimming area, fishing jetties, hiking trails, and 1.5 miles of beach.
From the park, you can also take a ferry trip to Shell Island, a pristine barrier island just across from the mainland. This 700-acre island is a peaceful spot for sunning or collecting shells.
Activities and Amenities:
Beach Access, Bicycle Trails, Fishing, Swimming, Scuba, Boat Ramp, Concessions, Hiking/Nature Trails, Showers
Shell Island, Panama City Beach, Florida
Visit the D.E.P. State Florida Web Site for information, directions, photos, and a park map.
For other state parks, visit www.floridastateparks.org presented by the Department of Environmental Protection.